Hosted JSS issues

AlistairCarr
New Contributor II

Anyone with a hosted JSS seeing issues where they cannot edit certain types of objects such as polices or configuration profiles. ?

I can open a policy and see it's current configuration but when i click the edit button I get the spinning wheel and then the page goes blank where the configuration should be.

I've checked and it's not my permissions in the JSS as I have all the correct rights, I've also had a colleague check and he also has the same rights, is experiencing the same issue.

I can't see anything on the JAMF site about service status etc.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

@AlistairCarr

If you go to Global Management >> Categories, do any of your categories have a single ' in the name?

If so, it's possible that you're running into a currently known issue (D-010067), and the workaround is to rename the category so that it does not have a ' anywhere in the name.

The only caveat with doing that is that, if you have any API scripts that call the category by name, they will also need to be edited to reflect the edited category name.

If you don't have any categories with a ' in the name, then it's likely something else is going on and you'll want to get in touch with your Technical Account Manager to dig into it a bit deeper.

Thanks!
Amanda Wulff
JAMF Software Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

al_platt
Contributor II

Expected behaviour.

Bottom section of this article talks you through reducing the image size.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202841

Or use Carbon Copy Cloner to create the image as it should create a sparse image.

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

@AlistairCarr

If you go to Global Management >> Categories, do any of your categories have a single ' in the name?

If so, it's possible that you're running into a currently known issue (D-010067), and the workaround is to rename the category so that it does not have a ' anywhere in the name.

The only caveat with doing that is that, if you have any API scripts that call the category by name, they will also need to be edited to reflect the edited category name.

If you don't have any categories with a ' in the name, then it's likely something else is going on and you'll want to get in touch with your Technical Account Manager to dig into it a bit deeper.

Thanks!
Amanda Wulff
JAMF Software Support

AlistairCarr
New Contributor II

Amanda you're a star !!!

Thanks ever so much for the info !!