How can I find the correct Supervision Identity

mschroder
Valued Contributor

I don't succeed to get the correct Supervision Indentity into Apple Configurator 2, and that makes resurrecting some of my iPads quite difficult. I believe I have created the proper SI, use it for the device enrollment and imported it to my Apple Configurator instance. And still I get the message "Pairing is prohibited...Create an organization with the correct supervision identity, or re-supervise...".

Any idea what might be wrong? Is there a way to find out what the iPad believes the SI should be?

I need to resurrect these devices via AC, since

- they are in single app mode

- they are not allowed to pair

- they appear to loose network connectivity after a while 😞

So far I always need to do a full re-install (slow) and a manual reconfig of Firefox, so this costs me a lot of time...

1 REPLY 1

pivott_prosys
New Contributor

Hi,

You need talk to your client(s) about it. To leverage applied restrictions such as "Pairing is not allowed" you need to install supervision identity from client's MDM. SI is protected with password and can be installed on macs. Usually they will not provide it. Good lock but this is what apple did https://support.apple.com/guide/mdm/supervised-restrictions-for-iphone-and-ipad-mdm54960f92a/web . 

Example of restrictions that prevents provisioning or content caching working correctly with APU or AC.

1. Allow putting an iOS or iPadOS device into Recovery Mode from an unpaired host

2. Allow connected accessories while locked

3. Join only Wi-Fi networks installed by a Wi-Fi payload

4. Install configuration profiles

5. Pair with non-Apple Configurator 2 hosts