How do perform Find My iPhone/iPad?

icicicic
New Contributor

Recently, my organisation had experienced theft of their property on site - an iPad was stolen.

In the JAMF dashboard you can see the iPad has been wiped several times and on each occasion it would pull down our MDM profile and all apps that have been allocated to it.

How does one go about trying to locate the physical location of the said item?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

claudiogardini
Contributor

Set the Device to Lost Mode in the JSS and find the Location Information under Inventory -> Security ( Or Inventory -> General on older JSS Versions).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

claudiogardini
Contributor

Set the Device to Lost Mode in the JSS and find the Location Information under Inventory -> Security ( Or Inventory -> General on older JSS Versions).

wifichallenges
Contributor

So if i do this after the fact, and its not communicating anymore, it wont enable lost mode. Is there another way to see its last known location on a map? meraki MDM can do that easily. Is jamf not able to do that?

Seems like i cant edit my post, but i talked to jamf support. They said that "find my ipad" needs to be enabled for this to work (of course) and then i remembered that we had it disabled as otherwise staff can put their own personal email in and "Activation lock" the ipad. So jamf said before that i had to disable find my ipad to stop people from doing that. Those two features are linked apparently.

Jamf support also said that if it was on, and the user used their apple id to log into it, it should show up on their apple id support find my ipad site under their credentials.

anyways the person just found the device of course.... just FYI for future searchers.