How to Docker containerise a JDS

Hafiz
New Contributor II

I have successfully found a method (a docker container) to use for netbooting/netinstall across all our offices internationally:
https://themacwrangler.wordpress.com/2015/04/24/creating-a-netboot-server-with-centos-7-and-bsdpy/comment-page-1/#comment-113

But I was wondering if there is way to Docker containerise JDS instances? I am not familiar with Docker technologies themselves but I will be looking into this because I have to roll out a number of JDS's (and netboot/netinstall) servers across our offices internationally. JDS Docker images would make everything easy!

Has anyone seen a guide for doing this, like the link above but for non-master JDS instances? Or does anyone have a guide that I can use for creating a Docker JDS image myself?

Cheers

1 REPLY 1

calumhunter
Valued Contributor

I'm not 100% i see a benefit in using docker for a JDS but, if you can write down the steps to create a JDS in say ubuntu, then you can easily create a docker image.

If you have a look at a Dockerfile, its basically just a set of steps to build your application/environment