How to get more Patch Reporting: {Application} options in smart groups

user-DeoLuXvBmb
New Contributor III

We're trying to scope smart groups based on Patch Reporting: {Application} Less than Latest Version.

Currently we only have Patch Reporting: Google Chrome in there. How do we add more for other applications, or am I mistaken and Google Chrome is the only one supported by JAMF?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FutureFacinLuke
Contributor II

Show Advanced Criteria,

Choose:

Screenshot 2022-05-18 at 16.55.02.png

Then Choose the software title

Screenshot 2022-05-18 at 16.56.05.png

I've got mine quite well populated for some time, but the apps that are '0' still show up

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Click on Computers, then on Patch Management on the left navigation section in Jamf Pro. Then click the New button in the upper right. From there, Jamf Pro will produce a list of available titles to choose from. Once you find what you're looking to add, click the + button to the left of its title and it will be added. From there, Jamf will start collecting data on your Macs and what version of the app they have installed, and can begin using it in Smart Computer Groups.

Thanks, we've already done this and have the apps we want in Patch Management, but only Google Chrome comes up in smart group criteria and none of the other apps.

See screenshot.2022-05-17 14_49_38-Edit Smart Computer Group __.png

FutureFacinLuke
Contributor II

Hi I use this for scoping updates and Self-Service where I need a script rather than a package to deploy the update.

1. Add the App to Patch Management
  2. Create Smart Group (Has App, App is Upto Date) Criteria: Application Has [App Name], Patch Reporting: [App Name] (use Show Advanced Criteria to get all of them)
  3. Create Smart Group (Has App App Not unto date) Criteria: Application Has [App Name], not a member of 2
  4. Scope the update policy to Group 3

Hope this helps

I tried with this logic but unable to get the report for patch management applications. Not sure if I am missing something, could you please help me with complete workflow you followed? Thanks!

Sagar Rastogi

May you please help me with completed workflow for this use case. Thank You!!

Sagar Rastogi

FutureFacinLuke
Contributor II

Show Advanced Criteria,

Choose:

Screenshot 2022-05-18 at 16.55.02.png

Then Choose the software title

Screenshot 2022-05-18 at 16.56.05.png

I've got mine quite well populated for some time, but the apps that are '0' still show up

THANK YOU! This was completely user error. Was sitting too close to the problem.. also thanks @mm2270 

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

@user-DeoLuXvBmb Like @FutureFacinLuke mentions, are you choosing Patch Reporting Software Title criteria when making a Smart Computer Group? If so, it should be showing you a list of patch titles to choose from that you've already added into your console, as shown in the post above.

If you're only seeing Google Chrome come up in the list, then, the only other thing I can think of is Sites. Are you accessing your Jamf Pro console as a full administrator or Site administrator? If using the latter, is it possible some of the titles added in Patch Management were added to specific Sites that are different from the Site account you're logged in with? That can conceivably limit what you can see when making a Smart Group.