How to re-deploy Jamf Self Service app on iOS

doekman
New Contributor III

Our Jamf Pro managed iPads are setup to only have Jamf Self Service deployed, not the app store.

The Jamf Self Service-app had the setting "Allow users to remove app (iOS 14 or later)" enabled, and some user removed the app. Is it possible to redepoy the app to the iPad, or do I have to wipe the device to do this?

(I unchecked the "Allow users to remove app")

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

joshuasee
Contributor III

Simpler: Exclude the affected device from the Self Service Mobile deployment, save to newly assigned only, remove the exclusion, and save again to newly assigned. The install command will go out to the device again.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

sayr01
Contributor

You should be able to redeploy the app.  no need to wipe the device.  

doekman
New Contributor III

That's good to hear. But how? The scope of the app is "all devices" and "all users". How do I get the app back?

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

An inventory update should reinstall the app. Is that not what you're seeing?

doekman
New Contributor III

Nope. Inventory update didn't do a thing.

I've wiped the device now, so l call it a day. Thanks for the help all...

remove all devices and users from the scope will uninstall this app, save and wait for a while. and then add the device to the scope again, the app will be reinstalled.

by the way, target to the devices is fine, you don't need to add users to the scope.

joshuasee
Contributor III

Simpler: Exclude the affected device from the Self Service Mobile deployment, save to newly assigned only, remove the exclusion, and save again to newly assigned. The install command will go out to the device again.

doekman
New Contributor III

That's clever! I'll use this next time.

So other users won't be affected.

joshuasee
Contributor III

If for whatever reason that doesn't work, also know that nothing is stopping you from creating an additional instance of the app using the same license pool, but different scoping.