how to restrict all domains to login to App Store and allow specific domain like mycompanyAppleID.co

RobertAlviar08
New Contributor

Hi JAMF Nation,

is there a way to restrict all AppleID domains to login to App Store and allow specific domain like mycompanyAppleID.com?

is there a plist item string that we can edit to get this configured? thank you for the assistance :)

5 REPLIES 5

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@RobertAlviar08 There is currently no macOS level mechanism to restrict the domain used log in to an Apple ID account, especially considering how Apple is pushing Managed Apple IDs for organizational use, but they seem to have missed the obvious need for enforcing them. If you have a business relationship with Apple please use that channel to let Apple know they need to add a restriction for Apple ID domains.

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Unfortunately No. For the most part you can either allow all AppleID's or block all AppleID's. The use Managed AppleID's really has no way to be enforced. Apples Concept of managing AppStore content like this is to use VPP.

The only channel Apple listens to for requests, criticism, ext is feedback. However, they usually only make changes like this with new OS releases, and Ventura has already finished development. At best it would be a macOS 14 thing. I suggest getting a feedback template together, and sharing it on Mac Admins slack to see if you can get others to submit the same template to get Apples attention. 
Product Feedback - Apple

quick question @AJPinto sir, may i know how you would configure this option when we can restrict all or block all AppleID to sign in to a mac? TIA :)

RobertAlviar08
New Contributor

@sdagley & @AJPinto , thank you so much for your responses, i really appreciate it.

matrixfauly
New Contributor

I advise creating a template for feedback and posting it on the Mac Admins Slack to see if you can get others to submit the same template to Apple in an effort to grab their attention.