How to sort Self Service in iOS into categories

strumpfm
New Contributor III

Our App Store list is getting long. How can we sort it into categories?

I see this talked about, I have created categories and assigned apps to categories but it does not seem to work on our iPads. I must be missing a step. De we have to assign every app to a category?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

ChrisRupert
Release Candidate Programs Tester

If you click the gear in the top right corner (in JAMF), under Global Management there is a folder called Categories.

You can then break down the apps into whatever categories you choose (I have it broken down into several categories, such as Google Products, Teacher Apps, Miscellaneous, Coding, Reading). You will have to create the categories and then assign them a level of importance.

After you have the categories created (and you can always go back and make new ones), go to your app that you want to show in your self service (and make sure you have "Make Available in Self Service" checked), and after that you will see a new tab listed for Self Service. You can then edit which categories you want that app to appear in (apps can appear in multiple categories).

Not every app has to be assigned to a category but it makes it easier for students and teachers to easily find an app and will probably make your life a little easier for management.b087442ec8564062ad410701b56164be

strumpfm
New Contributor III

Thanks for the response. That is how I thought it worked and what I have been doing, but I still don't see categories in Self Service.

mcooper
New Contributor III

Are you using the Self Service app or web clip? Apps will only be sorted into categories in the app.

strumpfm
New Contributor III

That explains it. We are using the web clip.

I guess I'll have to learn about the app.