How to view systems that are assigned to a static group

robmorton
Contributor

I feel like I am missing something in the GUI. I have a static group that I use to apply specific settings to systems temporarily. I have evidently forgotten to remove 7 of the systems from that group.

How can I find the systems that are assigned in that group. I would not consider paging through my 6000+ systems to be a user friendly option. I can use the API's to get a list of these systems which again I would put into the not user friendly option.

Am I just missing something obvious in the GUI on how to do this?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mmcallister
Contributor II

Hi Rob,

If you click above the checkbox column in Assignments, you can sort by assigned/unassigned.
acb0cdbb05ac4ff39620d035a901e821

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

tuinte
Contributor III

Login to the web interface.

Computers > Static Computer Groups > Select your group > View

Shows members, no?

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Are you not able to open up the Static Group and view the membership there? After the group loads (which can take a while), there should be a "View" button that you can select that shows you just the machines that are in that Static Group.

Granted, you will still need to go back to the Assignments tab once you note which machines are still in the group, to remove them. The membership view doesn't have a way to edit it in place. But it should filter out just the machines you have to locate out of your 6000+ total clients.

robmorton
Contributor

Thanks. I should have been clear the end goal is to remove the systems from the group. View the static group and jotting down the machine names to filter to so I can uncheck was basically what I was trying to avoid.

I guess I will put in a feature request that Jamf use basically the same UI for group assignments that they use for policy assignments. I can easily remove a system that has been added to a policy in basically a single step. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something.

Thank you

mmcallister
Contributor II

Hi Rob,

If you click above the checkbox column in Assignments, you can sort by assigned/unassigned.
acb0cdbb05ac4ff39620d035a901e821

robmorton
Contributor

I swear this did not work last week, but it is now. Maybe a new feature in 10.7.1 as I did upgrade. Anyway, thank you.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

It works in 10.5.0 as well. Thanks @mmcallister!