I created a image with Siri disabled and deleted

CapU
Contributor III

I first installed Sierra, set a few things that I want set as default.
Started the machine in Target mode and plugged it in via Firewire to my main machine. Navigated to /System/Library/CoreServices/ and deleted Siri.app. Then I used carbon copy cloner to create the disk.img which I uploaded to the JSS

10 REPLIES 10

CapU
Contributor III

bvrooman
Valued Contributor

How does the machine react when a user clicks on the various icons, or makes some attempt to try and enable Siri?

thoule
Valued Contributor II

I've done a similar thing to remove SIP protected apps from my base image. However, I've found that when Apple releases a software update, those components can be put back in place. So your solution is only temporary. :(

CapU
Contributor III

NO I didn't. I used Disk Utility to create the .dmg which I then uploaded to the JSS

CapU
Contributor III

@bvrooman When a user clicks on the Siri icon nothing happens. Nothing at all. The core service app is gone.

iJake
Valued Contributor

I'd wonder what terrible things are happening in the System or other logs, though. :)

Nix4Life
Valued Contributor

2nd what @thoule posted. Just disable it

CapU
Contributor III

@LSinNY the problem with disabling is the icon in Applications would still open if clicked on. I have the process disabled the Casper but the icon can still be clicked on. Now it is completely disabled, and I haven't noticed anything weird going on

CapU
Contributor III

Nix4Life
Valued Contributor

@CapU this is what I was referring to here.