I renewed the push certificate too late, how do I re-enroll all our iPads?

bhouseward
New Contributor III

I apologize if this was answered already elsewhere, but most of the answers I saw looked MacOS related, not iOS. 

I somehow missed the expiration for our apple push certificate, so by the time I renewed it the old one was no longer valid. When I renewed it, I saw a message that because the old one had expired, I wouldn't be able to use that to push commands to our currently enrolled devices. 

So, I assume I'll need to touch each device to solve my blunder. What exactly do I need to do? These were all enrolled via DEP initially. 

If not for the need to update the DAC app for AP testing, I would just wait for the summer and factory reset all of them. If I could at least do 20 of them that would get me through AP testing next week. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bhouseward
New Contributor III

Thanks Steve, I saw that post but it looked like it was MacBook specific, not for iPads. 

However, it turns out I made a similar error to others and used the wrong AppleID to renew the certificate, so the issue wasn't so much that it was expired. Once I used the correct AppleID all the iPads came back like lost little sheep :)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

steve_summers
Contributor III

@bhouseward here is a link to a post (and there are a few) of others who posted a similar question on Jamf Nation.  https://community.jamf.com/t5/jamf-pro/expired-push-certificate-and-re-enrollment/m-p/236210

I feel like you'll have to re-enroll the devices.  I hate that for you.   

bhouseward
New Contributor III

Thanks Steve, I saw that post but it looked like it was MacBook specific, not for iPads. 

However, it turns out I made a similar error to others and used the wrong AppleID to renew the certificate, so the issue wasn't so much that it was expired. Once I used the correct AppleID all the iPads came back like lost little sheep :)

Oh. Nice!! That’s good to know. --

=============
Steve Summers