iCloud storage for business

kowsar_ahmed
Contributor

Hi Guys,

I work at a business that has critical needs for making sure iCloud is backed up. At the moment all iCloud accounts are using 1 company card. I really want to stop this however Apple don't allow you to pay for iCloud storage using gift cards nor does there seem to be a business orientated iCloud offering. Anyone have any ideas? VPP doesn't server iCloud storage either.

5 REPLIES 5

djdavetrouble
Contributor III

If this is a critical need for a business, you maybe should think about using an enterprise cloud backup solution, not just a consumer file sync and share tool.

Taylor_Armstron
Valued Contributor

Agreed with djdavetrouble... don't use consumer services for business. Get something with a SLA and support clauses when your needs are "critical".

kowsar_ahmed
Contributor

@djdavetrouble @Taylor.Armstrong thanks guys. I'll look into it. Any chance you have used or come across any decent solutions?

jcarr
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@kowsar.ahmed you may want to escalate this as a feature request to your Apple sales team. I'm sure you're not alone in wanting the ability to use managed distribution (as you do currently for books & macOS & iOS apps) to allocate expanded iCloud storage to users.

PAC
Contributor

After attending an Apple event recently, I asked the same question and they said there is something in the pipe works for managed Apple ID's etc