Image Reboot Logs Into Temporary Adobe Install Account

cstout
Contributor III
Contributor III

After imaging via Casper Imaging, upon first reboot I randomly see the computer boot directly into an account named "Temporary Adobe Install Account." This doesn't always happen, but it's happened frequent enough for me to consider it a problem at this point. Instead of rebooting and being presenting with the Casper Imaging splash screen that blanks out everything, I get an iCloud setup prompt and after manually quitting that, it logs into the adobe account. This behavior halts automated imaging and I'm not sure what can be done since the issue is strangely intermittent.

Any help or recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

external image link

40 REPLIES 40

cnelson
Contributor

So I realize this is an older thread but I am still having this issue of the JAMF temporary account being logged into and shown instead of showing the JAMF Imaging screen. I have tried the following:

1) Created an empty package except for a post flight script per:
[https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/5600/inconsistent-the-imaging-process-is-finishing-installing-software-at-imaging#responseChild30922](link URL)
2) Created that same package but with a postinstall script
3) Following @jhuhmann suggestion, I set my configuration to specify the management account but don't tell it to create the account and then I used CreateUserPkg to create the management account.
4) Even tried the above management settings but create the user with a script.
5) I don't feel like removing the entry from the JSS will work because then that would delete the AutoRun Settings which I use to image with.

I'm not sure what else to try. Imaging still finishes fine but surely there is a way to get this to stop showing the JAMF Temporary login and start showing the JAMF Imaging Splash Screen.