Imaging not working correctly

bwcollins
New Contributor III

I am having trouble with imaging using JSS 9.23. The machines will boot off the netboot server and pickup the correct autorun settings but when I click on image it acts like it is going to imaging goes through erase hd partition drives and then it quickly goes though the block copy then imaging hangs on ensuring system files are hidden. I have tried different images and updating the casper imaging version on the netboot image. the netboot is also diskless since I though that might be an issue as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated with this one.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bwcollins
New Contributor III

I did end up changing the imaging version back to 9.22 and switched the netboot images that seemed to fix the issue for now.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

chriscollins
Valued Contributor

@bwcollins

Is your distribution point a JDS, or a traditional AFP share point?

bwcollins
New Contributor III

Traditional distribution point running smb.

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

Do you use smart configurations? There is a known issue with 9.23 and 9.24 with Casper Imaging not seeing the full configuration IE partitions. It maybe related. Did you try using 9.22 or 9.21 as an alternative? It may solve this.

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

bwcollins
New Contributor III

I did end up changing the imaging version back to 9.22 and switched the netboot images that seemed to fix the issue for now.