Inactive INSTALL button on Self Service Featured items

Kumarasinghe
Valued Contributor

The "Install" button is inactive (doesn't do anything when you click) most of the times with the description view if you select a package from the 'Featured items' of Self Service.

Also found that same outcome sometimes if you try to install from description view with normal non-featured applications as well.

external image link

I'm using;
OS X 10.7.4 JSS 8.51
Self Service 8.51

7 REPLIES 7

frozenarse
Contributor II

Are you also forcing users to view the description? Can you click on the little i and then click the install from there? We are also seeing 'weirdness'...

Kumarasinghe
Valued Contributor

We are not forcing users to view the description atm.

Clicking littile i and then click install from there seems to be working fine but I feel it seems to work intermittently if you view the description no matter how you select the description view . All the sudden INSTALL button started to work again with the description view.

The little INSTALL button always works fine.
external image link

frozenarse
Contributor II

That's pretty much the same thing that I have been seeing as well on 8.5.2

cbooker
New Contributor III

Has a fix been found for this I am also experiencing the same here with 8.52. Some computers it works fine and others it does not. Sometimes clicking install 3 or 4 times gets it to work.

dzmudzki
New Contributor

Hi Guys,

We also experience the same problem after upgrade to 8.52 from 8.43.

dzmudzki
New Contributor

Hi Guys,

We also experience the same problem after upgrade to 8.52 from 8.43.

dzmudzki
New Contributor

I just checked the release notes for 8.6 and found this:

[D-002898] Fixed an issue that caused Self Service to fail to initiate policies when users are forced to view the policy description.