Incorrect Smart Group membership when used with a configuration profile

AR
New Contributor II

Hello :)

I've set up a Smart Group, which displays the correct Macbooks when viewed in the dashboard. However, when I use the Smart Group as a Scope Target for configuration profiles, with Specific Computers and All Users selected, I get a different set of Macbooks that fall in scope of the profile. It also seems to be a little random i.e. I have 266 computers in the Smart Group, but have a profile with 95 computers and others with upto and over 300.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AR
New Contributor II

Just to round this off. I've used an inverse smart group in the exclusions list and this seems to have worked. Not sure why...but it's all good.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ajaysutton
New Contributor III

It would be kind of pain in the neck, but I wonder what would happen if you made a new Smart Group with a name that's not even similar to another smart group you have.  It sounds like you're looking at two different Smart Groups, which shouldn't be the case I realize, but I might take a handful of the computers and make a new Smart Group and start adding to that a few at a time.

AR
New Contributor II

Thanks Ajay - I tried that, but get the same. However, now I have three profiles that show the same number of assets, but two that are both different.

I've recreated the two different ones, but no joy.

AR
New Contributor II

Just to round this off. I've used an inverse smart group in the exclusions list and this seems to have worked. Not sure why...but it's all good.

ajaysutton
New Contributor III

Excellent work around.  I’ll have to remember that.