Inline display of code in a Discussion post seems to have broken

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@Emily.Brown The display behavior of code snippets embedded inline in a forum post seems to have changed, and by that I mean broken, recently.

If you try to embed a code formatted snippet inline with a forum post using either the ` or ``` prefix/suffix it can't be viewed completely as the code block doesn't wrap, and if you try to select the snippet the code block doesn't scroll so there's no way to see the entire snippet.

Here's an example of a snippet sudo /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Apple80211.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/airport --disassociate I want to show inline. Notice the entire code block doesn't display, nor can what's not displayed be selected.

If you force the code snippet to be on a line by itself the text still doesn't wrap, but the selection will scroll so you can see, and copy, the entire contents of the snippet as expected:

sudo /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Apple80211.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/airport --disassociate
1 REPLY 1

bradsschroeder
New Contributor III

@sdagley This was fixed in a pervious update. Please let me know if there's any other issues.