Installation failed. The package could not be verified

robertliebsch
Contributor

So, having fun with Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App installer. With no changes to configuration, we are now getting this error consistently. I have created a new package installer via Adobe Admin and uploaded it via JAMF Admin.

JAMF version 10.17.1. Installing via DEP or /enroll. End OS 10.15.

FWIW: Also getting errors downloading packages via curl. Only in those cases, the download is always incomplete. Trying to download Office, but the install runs/fails before the download is complete.

All other policies are working as expected/configured.

3 REPLIES 3

taugust04
Valued Contributor

Seeing the same here too. Looks like only on Adobe and Microsoft Office packages right now as well. We did have some changes in my environment - I updated ngnix from 1.17.6_0 to 1.17.8_0 on our distribution points as part of our normal patching, and we just updated to Jamf Pro 10.18.0 on our application server.

taugust04
Valued Contributor

I was able to download the packages from my distribution points with the direct URL using Chrome on the systems in question. However, now I'm seeing the XProtectService take a very long time scanning the Adobe package (it's in a "verifying" state in the Finder) when I attempted to open the package to install it manually.

Could be a combination of things going on...

mfalk
New Contributor

Seeing the same issue on Jamf Pro 10.18 when attempting to install a Microsoft Word package.

Edit: It worked after flushing the error and running jamf policy. Maybe it was an unstable network connection.