Installing/Updating Slack (not from app store)

dgarrigan
New Contributor II

I'm running into an issue when i'm pushing out Slack to users.  I create the package using Composer and then do the usual process of uploading it into JAMF.  In the screenshots below you’ll see how i’m doing that process.  And in the final screenshot is the error showing up in the logs that is preventing the successful install.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 11.43.21.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-26 at 11.45.21.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-26 at 11.45.57.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-26 at 11.50.06.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-26 at 11.50.34.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-26 at 11.52.56.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

arnoldtaw
New Contributor III

Not sure if you accidentally uploaded the same screenshot twice? Do you normally install applications to the root (/xyz.app)? 

Normally, we would place xyz.app under /Applications/xyz.app 

Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 9.23.57 AM.png

If you are a Jamf Cloud customer, you can also try Jamf's new App Installers. Slack is available via App Installers.

https://docs.jamf.com/jamf-app-catalog/App_Installers_Software_Titles.html

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

arnoldtaw
New Contributor III

Not sure if you accidentally uploaded the same screenshot twice? Do you normally install applications to the root (/xyz.app)? 

Normally, we would place xyz.app under /Applications/xyz.app 

Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 9.23.57 AM.png

If you are a Jamf Cloud customer, you can also try Jamf's new App Installers. Slack is available via App Installers.

https://docs.jamf.com/jamf-app-catalog/App_Installers_Software_Titles.html

dgarrigan
New Contributor II

Thanks so much for sharing that info about the Jamf App Catalog.  I tested that out for a few users and it's working seamlessly.  We'll be using this going forward for Slack

DBrowning
Valued Contributor II

You can also look at options like autopkgr or the cli version autopkg 

sdamiano
Contributor II

Slack is also really good at keeping itself updated. I wouldn't bother packaging it and I would use Installomator instead for distribution.