Integrating my NFR/Test instance with ABM. Will downloading MDM server token break Production?

mrhoades
New Contributor

We are relatively new to Jamf Pro.  NFR/Test was set up for us to use by Jamf staff.  Now that we have a few devices in our PRODUCTION instance and ABM setup along with that, I decided to stand up the Test/NFR environment.  When I get to the point of creating the new MDM server in ABM, I am prompted to download a new "MDM Server Token."  However, I am warned that doing that will result in my existing token being reset.  I do not want to break Production.  Is there a way around this?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

When you download the token, it will expire the current token that the server you have selected is using. If that is a new server, then there is no certificate to invalidate/revoke.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

When you download the token, it will expire the current token that the server you have selected is using. If that is a new server, then there is no certificate to invalidate/revoke.  

AJPinto..  To make sure I understand exactly what you mean.  When I am adding the new MDM server, that warning is entirely specific to the new MDM server I am adding to the ABM list of MDM servers?  It is not warning me that it will reset the tokens for any of the existing MDM servers?  Thank you for the very quick initial response.

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

Correct, it just pertains to the server you are messing with. For the Server token, if you ever do update the wrong one you can just go back and fix it. It's the APNS token that is a total disaster if done incorrectly. 

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

nothing to worry about, you can add MDMs to ABM without issue.