Internet Sharing Device List

maffettb
New Contributor III

OK, I have scoured Google for the past 3 days to no avail :( I'm slightly OCD and this is driving me nuts and I figured this would be a good place to start.
Mac OS, Internet Sharing under System Preferences....how can I clear that device list?!?!?!?
I constantly use internet sharing on iPads when the trusty USB hub & network adaptor trick doesn't work so, my list is very long and it's kind of annoying to scroll through the list to find the unchecked device that I just plugged in...and now that I tried clearing them, I would need to check each of them on again in order to hit the device I actually need turned on.
I'm guessing it's a plist located somewhere but I would prefer not to fumble around with those taking guesses.
If anyone can help me from growing more grey hairs, I would be forever grateful!2b10d14a43a94e35bbd552c8c7545019

2 REPLIES 2

tomhastings
Contributor II

Check this thread:
https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/24815/deleting-usb-network-interfaces

I had success in the past with High Sierra, have not tested with Mojave.

maffettb
New Contributor III

Thanks!!!! That did the trick...there is still an "iPod USB" that is echoing back Not a USB interface but 1 is better than 170.