Internet shortcut in the dock

cedric67
New Contributor II

Hi,
Is it possible to put an internet shortcut in the dock with JAMF ?
or maybe put bookmark/homepage on internet navigators ?
Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

latorrep
New Contributor II

Use a webclip with a configuration profile, it will be deployed to your user's dock.

If you want to set a homepage on safari you can check this previous post: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/21386/change-current-users-homepage-and-startup-pages-in-safari-and-chrome

larry_barrett
Valued Contributor

Grettings. See attached pictures: 580646f768d04e8a8ee26d76f2c36920

ab16c2dfde45439ab9ecf18e5a23c56d

Webclips are installed to Library -> Application Support -> Configuration Profiles. They should show up in the bottom right of your dock. If they ever get removed or otherwise lost, drag them from the configuration profiles folder back onto your dock.

Have a great day!

cedric67
New Contributor II

Thanks a lot, i will try this ;)

cedric67
New Contributor II

I'm sorry but i don't understand, i don't find webclips category in JAMF's configuration profiles :(

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

@cedric67 When creating Configuration Profiles for OS X, the selections in the left pane change when you switch from Computer Level to User Level (Which has Webclips)

cedric67
New Contributor II

WOW ok sorry, i didn't see that, thanks a lot ;)

OJtheD
New Contributor II

Is it correct that these user level profiles only work if the computer is bound to AD and the user is using their network account? I'm finding this doesn't work for my users logged in with Jamf Connect against Okta.