Introducing the Jamf Pro Release Candidate Program

scafide
Community Manager
Community Manager

As of November 14, 2018, we are only taking applications for a waiting list for 2019. Thank you so much for your enthusiasm in helping us release a great product!

With JNUC 2018 officially underway and the first keynote behind us, I’m happy to announce the availability of the Jamf Pro Release Candidate Program!

The Jamf Pro Release Candidate Program enables your organization to be among the first to see new features, refinements, bug fixes, and support for Apple compatibility in each Jamf Pro release.

The program is free to join and unlocks additional benefits for your organization like free training, remote Professional Services sessions, and enhanced access to our engineering and support teams.

This program is currently open to U.S. Jamf Cloud customers only. If you are currently deploying Jamf Pro on premise in the U.S. but are interested in migrating to the cloud, we will migrate your organization for free to Jamf Cloud upon joining the Release Candidate Program.

For more information, please email rc@jamf.com

Have a great JNUC everyone!

20 REPLIES 20

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

@scafide Does it cost anything extra to join the Release Candidate program?

chriscollins
Valued Contributor

@bpavlov 3rd sentence :)

scafide
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bpavlov

Congrats on making the Dean's list! Thanks for the question.

Membership is entirely free. We ask an organization run a certain number of our releases in their environment prior to us making it available to all, and in exchange, we provide a number of services such as free training, escalated support, remote Professional Services sessions, etc.

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

@chriscollins That's what I get for speed reading.

@scafide That's really nice. When you say free training, do you mean like free Jamf 200, 300, 400 courses?

scafide
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bpavlov any organization that signs up for the RC Program gets two free Jamf Certification courses, and the prerequisites must be met. So, for example, if you've got a 200, you can take the 300 for free.

apizz
Valued Contributor

Why no love for on-prem?

scafide
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @aporlebeke,

Thanks for the comment! We're focused currently on Jamf Cloud due to the ease and immediate access our software engineering can utilize to past and present monitoring data, log access, etc. We are exploring an on premise offering, but at this time we are US Jamf Cloud only.

apizz
Valued Contributor

@scafide Glad to hear that we're just left out for the moment :)

rmacalpine
New Contributor II

Is Jamf still working on FedRAMP certification so government customers can utilize the cloud option? Currently that is a deal breaker.

davidhiggs
Contributor III

@scafide 1st in line for non-US customers, thanks mate!

rquigley
Contributor

Would definitely be interested in being part of the program once it leaves the US exclusivity.

derrad
New Contributor III

Does the entire instance get enrolled or can there be a separate playground environment that isn’t production but maybe for IT folks to test ?

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

@derrad

Would you just get your own dev environment? We run one hosted for Dev and one for Prod... I would guess most dev environments are not 100% the same a prod environments. That is why Jamf wants production environments.

C

scafide
Community Manager
Community Manager

@davidhiggs @rquigley - We'll definitely let you know! We're currently US only due to the hours the Engineering Team that reviews all the RC Upgrade logs, performance data, etc works. I'd personally just not feel good about having you participate and not being able to have immediate access to some of the perks due to timezone differences. We'll see what we can figure out.

@derrad - You can take a couple routes. We release a couple betas prior to our RC, and that'd be a fantastic place to start. If you are cloud hosted, as @gachowski mentioned, you can request a sandbox. We're looking for production environments purely for validation purposes. We run every RC in our Production environment where all of our thousands of macOS, iOS, and tvOS devices get the latest and greatest first, and once we've reviewed and analyzed, we have the RC Program Customers upgrade afterward, as no two environments are the same due to the flexibility of Jamf Pro.

@rmacalpine I do believe we are working towards a number of solutions in regards to that, but I don't have a definitive answer at this time.

msanchez
New Contributor III

Now when you say free to cloud does this mean our yearly price will remain the same as on premises...please be true...

scafide
Community Manager
Community Manager

@msanchez The service cost for migrating an instance from on premise to cloud will be waived. Any additional costs for cloud hosting may be applicable.

Ninyo
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Is anything scheduled for European customers?

scafide
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Ninyo,

Not at this time, but we will be exploring it later.

Thanks!

Sims_
Contributor

I think the organization I work for may be interested in this. Who could I contact to get more info?

Thank you

scafide
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please email rc@jamf.com