Inventory Update Issues with Macbook Pro (High Sierra)

LovelessinSEA
Contributor II

Hi,

I've updated a few machines in our environment for tested and i've noticed that the newer macbook pro's (2016/2017) will not update the inventory. I can run policies on the device but they will not recon. They all fail on "gathering application usage information." The imacs and macbooks we have in the environment are working properly. Only the new macbook pro's seem to be affected. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,
Tony

6 REPLIES 6

antoinekinch
New Contributor III

Same here. Sudo Jamf Recon will not run on my High Sierra machines with the 9.101 JSS.

LovelessinSEA
Contributor II

Are you seeing that the machines aren't showing that they have 10.13 in JSS. We're also noticing that after a recon has been tried, they tend to slow significantly and lock up and have a hard time restarting.

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

Not helping, but, it's working as expected here from our (limited) testing. Recons on Touchbar Pros are working fine for us on 10.13 and 9.101.

LovelessinSEA
Contributor II

@antoinekinch I deleted our one Extension Attribute for Enterprise Connect and now I can do Recons without failures.

antoinekinch
New Contributor III

Recon wasn’t working because the disk hadn’t finished encrypting!

rsgrammar
New Contributor II

@antoinekinch just found this thread, we are not yet in a place to fully test HS out with JSS as we are still few version behind there, when you say disk hadn't finish encrypting, are you using file vault ? is that the reason why recon does not work?