iOS 11 and Lost Mode

MaciOSNerd
New Contributor II

Hey all,

Is anyone else seeing this with their jss? We allow all students/staff to update to iOS 11, I thought I tested everything, but we are seeing an issue with Lost Mode. I am able to enable Lost Mode, utilize all features (Play Sound, Update Location) however I am unable to disable Lost Mode through the jss. I am running the most current jss (9.101.0).

*I want to get it on the radar incase anyone else is having the same issue and a simple solution to prevent the iOS update till a solution is there (unless I'm missing something).

Error: "MDM Lost Mode could not be disabled on this device"

Current solution is DFU on the iPad.

iPads have no Apple IDs/ Using all device-based deployment.

Any sight helps, thanks all.

073c05d71403471695acbe76595691d3

47 REPLIES 47

rzoppi
New Contributor III

Heres what I did to solve the issue without losing data.

Lost mode iPad was found but could not disable lost mode.
Device was rebooted so it lost connection to wifi. Connected device to Ethernet and device started receiving commands. However device was on 11.1. (received error "MDM Lost Mode could not be disabled on this device")
Sent command to update though MDM, waited ~30mins for download and reboot (updated to 11.2.5)
Sent command to disable lost mode again, now it works! no data lost!!!!

Amanda_Williams
New Contributor

I'm having this problem with an Air 2 that is on 11.2.5... I put the iPad into recovery mode and updated to 11.2.6 and tried again, but no luck. The iPad can receive other commands, but is still giving an error when I try to disable lost mode.

lcox
New Contributor

I was successful once using the update to latest version of IOS method. But I just tried one in lost mode today, and couldn't even get it to accept an update inventory command, even though it was on wifi, and the last successful inventory update was at 8 this morning. Had to restore the iPad and the student lost some of their data for a project. I'm going to have to print out some acknowledgements for them to sign before their devices get sent the lost mode command. Always get the lost mode failed error in the MDM whether is succeeds or not. Between Apple and Jamf, It's rare that things work as expected.

thejenbot
Contributor III

Sending a Clear Passcode command PRIOR to sending the Enable Lost Mode command is the only way we've found around this. I know there is a product issue related to remote update not working if there is a passcode on the device; this may not be related, but I hope it helps! :)

yadin
Contributor

Just tried lost mode with an iPad Air 2, iOS 11.3.1, and JAMF 10.3.1. Still an issue, I now have a bricked device. JAMF is a useless product from what I can see. No name management, unable to AD bind, VPP doesn't work, now this. All these issues are confirmed and have been around for up to 3 years. Basic functionality of an MDM we assumed HAD to be functional but they aren't. JAMF needs a good class action lawsuit to refund every customer or fix the product so it's in any way usable... Unreal...

Graeme
Contributor

It works for me. I got in the habit of sending a clear passcode first but haven't done that for a few weeks. All of the device commands you mentioned work fine here, we don't have any apple computers on JAMF so cant report on them. Give support a call, they are good. I suspect you have multiple issues, all of them can be worked through.

Regards

Graeme

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

I had one last week in lost mode on IOS 11.2.1. I could not disable lost mode. I was, however, able to remotely push an iOS update and once updated the iPad could be unlocked. This Implies to me that the iOS is the problem....
In addition it had dropped off WiFi, but the Ethernet adapter solution also worked.
This was an Air or Air 2.

Jamf Pro 10.3.1

Dylan_YYC
Contributor III

Guess im lucky... i havent had this issue running 10.3.1 with iPad Air devices on iOS 11+
Out of curiosity, why are you still on 9?