iOS 11 concerns/issues

miregan
Contributor II

Afternoon everyone!

I have ran into some issues with iOS 11.0.2 and want to verify what I am seeing with other users if possible.

1) The iPads I manage all use DEP. After applying our company configuration, the Wifi automatically gets dropped once in the iPad dash despite having a WiFi configuration to join our open SSID (we have to rejoin it manually)

2) Alot of the normal dash apps are blank and simply say 'Waiting' and never load whereas the VPP apps download and install fine. If I manually go into settings and reset all settings the icons display correctly on the home screen however if I was to say tap 'Facetime' a message pops up that an error occurred while download facetime.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated

12 REPLIES 12

cpdecker
Contributor III

Seeing the same issue as 2) in my environment, not sure how widespread yet. JSS 9.101. Might be having 1) as well as some users are complaining at one of the take-home iPad sites that their Wi-Fi will be disconnected, they get prompted for a password at reconnect, but minutes later it will work again. Not sure yet if it's a Wi-Fi issue or iOS issue.

edit take-home meaning that the iPads go off-site and therefore are allowed to receive iOS 11 since we can't block it at home.

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Currently wondering if anything is going on with the Apple side.
We cannot acquire GarageBand from 2 different VPP accounts, in 2 schools, iPads iOS 11.
Cannot access link to download new VPP token, are finally getting into the VPP account after multiple tries.

Apple System Status url is all green :)

sharriston
Contributor III

Yeah I'm experiencing the same issue here. I just spoke with jamf support and they said call volume about VPP is super heavy right now, possibly some kind of issue with VPP.

sharriston
Contributor III

As I typed that app's began to download.

miregan
Contributor II

Gotcha. Thanks for the info

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

it took 43 minutes from scoping GarageBand to download begins, on one iPad.

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

VPP was having issues yesterday (reported on slack), and VPP status eventually changed to yellow - still yellow as of now

https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

miregan
Contributor II

Thanks, that probably explains point number 2 however I am still having issues with once into the dash on the ipad the WiFi drops automatically on iOS 11.0.2 which did not happen in 10.3

Edit: Also just verified on iOS 10.3, the OS applications dont get stuck on waiting, it only happens on iOS 11

sharriston
Contributor III

Just so everyone is aware according to Apple's system status, multiple app store services (including VPP) are down right now. System Status

miregan
Contributor II

So it looks like the VPP/App store problems have been resolved. At least according to the system status it shows all green. However, the included OS apps such as facetime, notes, mail, etc are still stuck on waiting.9d68fe79024b4594877fa9ffb4d84ed0

cpdecker
Contributor III

Getting a 'your account balance is out of date' error when trying to order free Apps on our VPP account and our account balance is showing in pounds rather than dollars. I suspect Apple is still having problems.

Edit: Exact error is:

Your Credit Balance Is Out of Date
Click OK to refresh and try your purchase again.

cpdecker
Contributor III

Time to fess up. The link I was given for a particular app purchase somehow included /gb/ instead of /us/ in the URL, so that was on me. VPP working as normal as far as I can tell.