iOS 11 configure control center

hhochwald
New Contributor II

Hi,
is it possible to configure the control center for ios 11 devices.
for example i want to show the timer, screenrecording options etc.
Thanks!
Harald

10 REPLIES 10

bvondeylen
Contributor II

I was about the post this when I found yours.

I also have this same question. Would be very helpful, especially in a lower elementary school setting where a teacher would struggle for awhile having kids change the settings.

I don't see anything in JAMF that would allow setting the Control Center so I am guessing it is not there, but wish it were.

cnelson
Contributor

I agree and would like to see if this is possible.

cindy_murphy
New Contributor

I agree. Please let me know if this is possible. I'm unable to manually edit the control center on shared iPads.

wltorres
New Contributor II

I am trying to figure out the same thing with the Control Center - We currently have 1300 ipads that are shared and Administration is demanding for kids to be able to screen Record from the control center. How do I create a Configuration Profile to allow Screen Recording? Thanks.

miregan
Contributor II

If they are supervised devices the restrictions profile contains the screen recording settings. Its enabled by default but its at the top of the restrictions.

wltorres
New Contributor II

Can we even use the screen recording on shared ipads? I see it works for teacher ipads and not shared student but not on shared student ipads. The Control Center Setting is gone when you go into settings.

cindy_murphy
New Contributor

I have spoke to a jamf rep and an Apple rep. This has been suggested as a feature request.

dsweigart
New Contributor III

I have this same question...does anyone have anymore information about this?

HariSeldon
New Contributor III

Hi There,

was there any news about this?

We also would like to have the possibility to personalize the control center. I checked the config profiles but can't find anything. Is it feasible to implement?

Thank you

sdoyle
New Contributor II

Gets my vote for a desirable feature