iOS 12 new setup testing

jcline
New Contributor III

We are Testing deployment on iOS 12 to make sure everything is going ok. We have noticed that it wants you to sign in to an Apple ID to install self service. We have self service set up as device based app so it shouldn't need an Apple ID. Anyone aware of this issue or ran into it before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

crskerman
New Contributor II

@pgh I had it fix itself after the 10.7 update. I cancelled the failed app install command and sent an inventory update. This then had the Self Service install as normal

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

kjen
New Contributor II

I'm having the same problem. I was hoping it was because we have not yet update to the latest Jamf version yet. We are still running Jamf 10.4. What version are you on?

mark_buffington
Contributor II
Contributor II

@jcline - Are you running your tests in a different Jamf instance than your production one? The reason I ask is that the default setting for iOS Self Service on a freshly set up server is to "Install Automatically" as a global setting. This would prompt the behavior you're seeing regarding the Apple ID request.

To install Self Service without an Apple ID, you'll need to use device-level VPP, and set the global setting in Jamf to "Neither (manual installation)"

Also, if you want to deploy with VPP, make sure you don't put the same VPP token in more than one MDM server at a time or bad things happen with licensing.

Hope this helps!

jcline
New Contributor III

Just an update to this our TAM said it was because 10.5 the version of Jamf we was on did not support iOS 12. We upgraded yesterday and it works as before.

5Y54DMIN
Contributor

I'm not getting the self service app as well. currently have a support ticket in with jamf. have tried it on 12 and found an ipad with 11.4 and still does the same thing.

crskerman
New Contributor II

Had this same issue on 10.5
Just updated to 10.7 and this solved the issue.

5Y54DMIN
Contributor

Has any one been able to resolve this issue with the SS app not installing?

crskerman
New Contributor II

@pgh I had it fix itself after the 10.7 update. I cancelled the failed app install command and sent an inventory update. This then had the Self Service install as normal

SonjaVH
New Contributor

I'm getting setup issues with all my new managed iOS 12 devices out of the box - all of the previously 'skipped' setup stages from my profiles are back - I have to manually skip Touch ID, Analytics, the new button press choice, standard or zoom view etc etc.

I'm running JSS 10.7.... how do I get around this?