IOS devices dropping off the JSS

pakkari
New Contributor

Hi,

I have been slaving away getting all of our 200+ iPads into DEP or older iPads supervised and enrolled so I can remotely push app and manage the iPads remotely. I got to a point where I had 90% of the iPads in the JSS pushing apps etc then all of a sudden the majority of iPads DEP and just supervised stopped talking to the JSS. Were not able to receive any inventory updates etc.

I had about three config profiles on there for restrictions and a few other things including not allowing the the students to erase all content and settings. Seems as though after I sent those config profiles it happened but honestly it could be something completely different. The only fix I found was to restore them back to factory settings and they reset and retained all the info like device name and because most were DEP the profile was already on there and the apps started pouring back on.. Any ideas!!??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rquigley
Contributor

Hi,

Think I can see the issue you are experiencing. Had the same myself, all iPads that were effected were running 9.2. Manually updating them and then forcing an update inventory on them seemed to get them checking in regularly again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

rquigley
Contributor

Hi,

Think I can see the issue you are experiencing. Had the same myself, all iPads that were effected were running 9.2. Manually updating them and then forcing an update inventory on them seemed to get them checking in regularly again.

pakkari
New Contributor

Thanks for the response, It turned out that the issue was a know IOS and Casper Bug that was ironed in 9.92 and IOS 9.3. But yes forcing the updates got them going also restarting mysql seemed to change a few things to get it going again.