iOS - Hide Shortcuts App

john_sherrod
Contributor II

Does anyone know how to hide the Shortcuts app on iOS so it doesn't show up on the Home screen? I've figured out how to hide the other apps I don't want visible, but can't figure out how to hide this one. I've got a Restrictions Configuration Profile set up, and I've hidden other apps in the iOS and tvOS > Applications section. I've added the Shortcuts app there. The only thing slightly odd about Shortcuts is that in the config profile the Bundle ID is is.workflow.my.app. I'm wondering if maybe the Bundle ID changed at some point to a com.apple domain. Anyone found a way to hide this app?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TheWarmAtlantic
New Contributor III

Just type in "com.apple.shortcuts" then click save to the right. It will save the bundle ID without a name, but it works.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

mmcallister
Contributor II

Try com.apple.shortcuts

john_sherrod
Contributor II

@mmcallister I thought about that, but it doesn't look like the Jamf Pro interface allows you to edit the Bundle ID. It auto-populates it when you search for the app. Unless there's a way to do it that I'm not seeing.

rebelati
New Contributor II

Edited because I was totally wrong. See the correct answer below.

john_sherrod
Contributor II

Thanks, @rebelati! That's helpful.

TheWarmAtlantic
New Contributor III

Just type in "com.apple.shortcuts" then click save to the right. It will save the bundle ID without a name, but it works.

rebelati
New Contributor II

@john.sherrod Disregard my earlier post. @TheWarmAtlantic is correct. I had no idea you could do that. Thanks for the tip!

john_sherrod
Contributor II

@TheWarmAtlantic, brilliant! Just did that and it worked like a charm. THANK YOU!

Steven5342
New Contributor III

How are you all hiding specific apps? I used to just put which apps I wanted to see and the rest were hidden. That is not the case anymore. Did Jamf change how this was done?

RazorRob
New Contributor

Hi. Yes please, I’d also like to know how you created that restriction profile and,how to hide apps please? I’m kinda new to iOS ...well iPad . TIA

mmcallister
Contributor II

3f81a609e1e34beea7965619824afa21
See attached screenshot on how to make a restrictions profile to hide apps

elylewin
New Contributor

When I add com.apple.shortcuts to the name field Jamf Pro throws and error which states "Field is required." See my screenshot attached...
Did something change here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
67f5cc7d989e423cb62eb5b767242f82

mmcallister
Contributor II

Looks like you have the bundle ID in the App Name field.