iOS Manual Enrollment Profile troubles

mpittcasd
Contributor

Is anyone else having issues with manual enrollment where the popup to allow the profiles to be installed disappears too quickly to press? We have some iPads that still need enrolled this way but they get stuck trying to install the MDM profile but not being able to without the CA Certificate.

What I've done to get around this was install the Trust Profile manually through Configurator then go into Settings -> General -> About -> Allow our certificate. After that I am able to go back to the enrollment web page to download the MDM profile, but I have to be really quick about tapping 'Allow' in that popup for the installation to progress.

Has there been any changes that I missed to get this functioning properly? We don't need this working too often but the folks using it the most aren't techs so it holds up us getting the devices out to teachers until someone can come assist with the manual profile installation.

7 REPLIES 7

mahughe
Contributor

What version of the JSS are you running and what version of iOS is the iPad?

mpittcasd
Contributor

Our JSS is still 9.98 for right now and the iOS is 10.3 I believe, or whichever version was before 11.

EliasG
Contributor

Same issue here very frustrating.

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

I believe that is a defect in the product that is resolved in 9.100.0. Have a look at the release notes for 9.101.0.

[PI-004241] Fixed an issue that prevented enrollment of devices with iOS 10.3.3 due to an inability to click the profile instillation prompt. This issue was fixed in v9.100.0.

mpittcasd
Contributor

I'm also running into an issue now where the MDM profile installation fails with the error "Profile Installation Failed. Invalid Profile." I was brought in with this in progress so I'm not sure why this one needed enrolled again, but this iPad is on iOS 11 right now.

So far I was reading this was either fixed by manually allowing the CA Certificate in Settings -> About -> Trust Certificates or by renewing the SSL certificate on the server and restarting Tomcat. I did both again today on iPad and server just to be sure but still getting the error. There was some reason that we didn't upgrade to 9.100 right now but I will bring this issue up and see about getting the server upgraded to the latest version.

WUCasper
New Contributor

I am having the same issue here. iPad is on IOS 11 and we are using JSS 9.97. I manually allowing the CA Certificate in Settings -> About -> Trust Certificates or by renewing the SSL certificate on the server and restarting Tomcat, like what AdemBritt did, but same error. I need to enroll 32 iPads asap. Please assist!!!

mpittcasd
Contributor

I had someone call me about this same issue yesterday. For reference we are on JSS 9.101.0, so you may need to update your server.

If we're enrolling manually through the website I've noticed sometimes it will repeat trying to install the CA Certificate before moving on to the MDM profile. When that happens I double-check that the CA Certificate is manually trusted then switch back to Safari and sometimes the page will continue to the next step if it didn't originally. You can also click the button to install the CA Certificate again but cancel it once it opens settings, then go back to Safari to see if it continues.