iPad IP Address blanking. Lost mode issue

BGSICTSupport
New Contributor III

Hi All

We have an iPad that is stuck in lost mode and has been for 3 weeks. In the JSS it is still suggesting the iPad has an IP Address despite not being on the wireless and flat out ignoring the ethernet adapter method.

Does any one know if the IP in the JSS would case any problems with this? Or if there is a way to use the API to blank the IP?

Thank you in advance

4 REPLIES 4

St0rMl0rD
Contributor III

We had the same thing, had to restore the device...

bburdeaux
Contributor II

The IP stored in inventory is just the last known IP, it's not actually used for anything by the JSS. Based on the talk I've heard here, plus my own experience, it seems the ethernet adapter does not work with iOS 10.3.1.

BGSICTSupport
New Contributor III

The iOS version is 9.3.4. And works with other iPads that weve had issues before and after. Its just this one. Typically the student has very important work on there which we dont really want to lose.

How does JSS send the information to take it out of lost mode?

bburdeaux
Contributor II

It sends an MDM command over APN, just like everything else. Since we started using the ethernet adapter, I've had a few devices here and there that would never connect, despite trying multiple adapters, and those adapters working fine on any other device. I've never found a satisfying answer as to why, so I've always chalked it up to being an unsupported workaround and end up restoring the device.