iPad MDM profile certificate expired and cannot renew - not communicating with JAMF server

CLG
Contributor

We have an iPad that switched on after 2 months now it has an expired certificate I cannot renew. (See the attached images)

This iPad is connected to the wifi but it doesn't communicate with the JAMF server all the commands are in pending status.

When I check the "  JSS Built-in Certificate Authority " in the server it's expires in 2033

Can anyone help regarding this issue what should I do? 

When I open the iPad from the JAMF server This is what I can see on the device

CLG_0-1706669664737.png

CLG_2-1706669775570.png

When I got to the PKI certificate and checked the certificate expired in 2033

CLG_3-1706669970834.png

Most importantly self-service is not working 

3.jpg

1.jpg2.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

You will need to erase the iPad and reenroll, if that is blocked in settings you can use DFU mode to wipe it.

Thanks for your reply 
Is that the only option 😥😥😥😥?
We have some Piad apps installed on this iPad it won't get affected?
What is the DFU mood could you please give more information? 

Could you provide more details about  erasing the iPad and reenrolling it (Any article etc..)

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II
  • Once the cert expires there is not much you can do.
  • Apps should be assigned to your organization or an appleID. When the device is enrolled (or logged in to with the same appleID) the apps can be reinstalled.
  • DFU mode is a tool that allows you flash the firmware on macOS and iOS/iPadOS which allows you to force reinstall the OS.

If you can't update or restore your iPad - Apple Support

@AJPinto 

I tried the DFU mood and it didn't work 

Although the article says 

"If the download takes more than 15 minutes and your iPad exits the recovery mode screen, let the download finish, then repeat step 3. "

After 15 minutes iPad automatically switched on and it stopped downloading. 

Any suggestions?