iPad passcode expiration - MDM Jamf School

peterwilson
New Contributor

Hi folks,

Since yesterday my fleet of 750 iPads started asking users to change their passcode.
I have never had this before, I wasn't aware iPad passcodes expired.

And I've never configured any passcode expiry nor can I find where to do it in Jamf School.
They're behaving as if I've applied a profile requiring a passcode, which I have not.
A mixture of iPadOS 16-17

Any thoughts appreciated.
Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

AmyDavis
New Contributor

Hello, did you find a solution for this? We are experiencing the same issue even though the passcode is set to not expire.  

peterwilson
New Contributor

Not yet. All my users have ended up having to reset their passcode & deciding to pick new ones (which they didn't need to) and in many cases coming to support because they forgot the passcode they put in the day before. This is of course human nature, but very frustrating for the IT team to have an enforced passcode reset applied to all the ipads without us knowing. If anyone can shed light on this it would be appreciated. Have Jamf or Apple done something? Is it a bug? It would be nice to know it isn't just going to happen again. I'm going to talk to my reseller (Sync) to see if they can help, I'll post if I have an update.