iPad Profiles Disappearing

mbuckner
Contributor

I'm using casper to push out mobile device profiles to configure wifi and email settings. The profiles are randomly disappearing off of some of my ipads. I can't figure out why. I do know that, when I look at the ipad in inventory, under management history, it says "Remove Configuration Profile xxx". I can't figure out why it is removing the profiles. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!
Mark

4 REPLIES 4

Tennant
New Contributor

I have seen this issue before. If you are managing wi-fi and a user installs another wi-fi management profile, it will occasionally break. We see this specifically when using Ruckus Zero-IT configuration profiles. The Zero-IT configuration feature creates a dynamic PSK and assigns it to a username and MAC-Address so that you can manage wireless access.

jimlee
New Contributor III

Did you remove those iPads from the scope of the wireless configuration profile? Is the Configuration Profile scoped by Smart Group? Do the iPads no longer fit the criteria of the Smart Group?

mbuckner
Contributor

The profiles are scoped by both smart group and static group. This particular user was part of a static group that gets the profile, so no, it didn't leave the scope of the profile. I've seen this happening in a lot of places, though. I've tried to look for logs and other indicators of what is going on, but there isn't much in the way of logs for the ipads.

TreviñoL
Contributor

https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/25665/change-in-smart-mobile-device-group-membership-pulls-config-profiles-9-101