iPadPro Stuck in "Lost Mode|"

Nick_Morgan
New Contributor

Hello!

Current Issue:

Issued Command "Enable Lost Mode"

iPad was found - However, when "Disable Lost Mode" is sent it does not get received. Nor does any other command.

iPad was restarted - From what I read that does cause the wifi to shut off. 
I have downloaded Apple Configurator however, the computer does not see the iPad when it plugged into it. Any help would be much appreciated in this problem. 

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vagabon
New Contributor III

Put the iPad into Recovery Mode and restore it. This will erase everything on it but I'm not aware of any other way to fix it.

The issue, at least from my understanding, is the WIFI password is locked/encrypted behind the passcode for the iPad. You need to enter the passcode for it to be able to re-establish a network connection but you can't do that cause of the Lost Mode screen.

I have a configuration profile that I push out to all my iPads that sets "USB restricted mode" to "Restricted" so that a network connection can be established with the iPad via shared connection by a computer or an adapter with a network port.

USB restricted mode was, from my understanding, to prevent people from being able to break into devices with certain tools. If that is not a great worry of yours, I would recommend setting that configuration profile for all your devices that are locked with a passcode.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

vagabon
New Contributor III

Put the iPad into Recovery Mode and restore it. This will erase everything on it but I'm not aware of any other way to fix it.

The issue, at least from my understanding, is the WIFI password is locked/encrypted behind the passcode for the iPad. You need to enter the passcode for it to be able to re-establish a network connection but you can't do that cause of the Lost Mode screen.

I have a configuration profile that I push out to all my iPads that sets "USB restricted mode" to "Restricted" so that a network connection can be established with the iPad via shared connection by a computer or an adapter with a network port.

USB restricted mode was, from my understanding, to prevent people from being able to break into devices with certain tools. If that is not a great worry of yours, I would recommend setting that configuration profile for all your devices that are locked with a passcode.