iPads Not Checking In

zacksjoden
New Contributor

We have about 525 student 1:1 iPads in Bretford carts at one of our schools. This is the first summer where I'm deploying myself. Last year we did the Apple ConnectED rollout of these devices so the process was a bit different. Some carts were left plugged in, some were unplugged over summer. I did some policy updates in the first couple weeks of summer, but haven't touched them in a month. I'm finding the fast majority of our iPads aren't checking in/updating inventory or downloading an updated policy until I actually unlock their screens. Is this normal behavior after sitting unused for a period of time, or should these be more responsive?

I have sent a cancel all pending and failed commands action as well as send a new inventory update, but it does not seem to be working as expected. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

jared_f
Valued Contributor

I am pretty sure iOS devices have to be unlocked to receive profiles and do inventory updates.

Raven_D
New Contributor III

Yes, the devices won't check in when sleeping. You will need to wake them and have them on a network to refresh.