Is there a way to search the API page?

luke_reagor
Contributor II

I'm looking for a way to search the API page for keywords. A simple search from the browser only gives results on what is visible on the page, not text that is revealed when you click Show/Hide. For example, if I needed to see if there was anything that had the word Inventory in it, I'd have to have the /mobiledevicecommands section expanded for the search to find UpdateInventory. So, is there any way the API site can have a search added, or be redesigned to make it easier for us to find things in it? Even an "expand all" button would work so we could then use the browser's search effectively.

4 REPLIES 4

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Can you make this into a formal Feature Request? I can't think of a good way to do a search across all the API items like what you're after. I'm always interested in seeing the API documentation improved, and I think such a search function or way to show all items in one shot would be a good enhancement. I'd vote it up.

luke_reagor
Contributor II

Will do. :)

luke_reagor
Contributor II

Done. https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/feature-requests/5949/is-there-a-way-to-search-the-api-page

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Upvoted!

In the interim, I found you could download the API reference html file to your Mac and then search it for words in Terminal, but the process is kludgy and the output is unwieldy, so that request will still be important.