Issue uploading Office for Mac 2011 mpkg via Casper Admin?

Mbentley777
Contributor

Has anyone else experienced issues uploading the Office 2011 mpkg?

I've been trying to get the base mpkg uploaded - and it keeps transferring almost IMMEDIATELY, and then shows as 6 megs on the server side.

I'm able to upload other packages, and they show as the correct size on the server- seems to be only the Office installer that has issues.

5 REPLIES 5

acdesigntech
Contributor II

Does the mpkg installer work correctly if you run it manually on a Mac?

queohsi
New Contributor

I'd recommend using composer to make an office package to deploy (they even have a template for it). If you have a site license it gets bundled in and you never have to enter the license for the end user.

Any specific reason you're trying to use the mpkg from the office installer?

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

I can't answer for Matt, but if it were me, I try and preserve vendor provided logic in the m/pkgs. I think it's a good practice as they often can clean up after old versions of software and move items into place that just capturing a DMG doesn't do, for which you'd need to replicate manually,

jhalvorson
Valued Contributor

I have seen issues with mounting the DMG or ISO from Microsoft and then dragging the .mpkg into Casper Admin.

What has worked for me is mounting the DMG or ISO from Microsoft (or other vendors) then dragging the .mpkg to my desktop. Once it's been copied from the mounted image to the desktop, that's the version I drag and drop into Casper Imaging.

Jason

talkingmoose

I agree with the idea to use the Microsoft supplied package file. I've done it and I'm sure others have done it. The problem is not with Microsoft's package—at least not in general. Better to troubleshoot the actual issue.

Of course, the problem may be with the one copy of the package or something else. DVD to Desktop to Casper Admin should work fine.