Issue with Mounting DMG

dcappelle
New Contributor III

Hey Guys,

I've run into a strange issue with people trying to Mount DMG Files. I've only experienced this with Monterey 12.5, regardless of whether it's a newly imaged machine, or an upgraded OS one. I've only noticed this with M1 Macbooks. 

When you go to open a DMG, it just doesn't do anything at all. Maybe a process inside Activity monitor loads up, then nothing. The only way I can get them to mount is if I go to Activity Monitor, select diskarbitrationd and diskimagesiod and force quit them. Then it will mount them for a while... Ultimately this comes back though.
I've tried to use terminal to script this out so that some of my employees can install software, but killall doesn't seem to be having the same effect.

Is this something you've been seeing? This has not happened in any other versions of Monterey. My computer used to mount them just fine, but now I cannot. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Dominic

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dcappelle
New Contributor III

I found the issue.
For some reason, I had disk images restricted for a certain group of computers, although I don't even remember editing those settings. Jamf also has them listed as depreciated, but obviously they are not.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

dcappelle
New Contributor III

I found the issue.
For some reason, I had disk images restricted for a certain group of computers, although I don't even remember editing those settings. Jamf also has them listed as depreciated, but obviously they are not.