Issues Installing VVP Apps on MacOS

thomash
New Contributor

Hi All,

Having really weird behaviour with trying to install VPP apps either via Auto Install or Self Service, whereby in random circumstances the following log appears in /var/log/install.log when trying to install an app and it fails to install. More to this once one fails they all fail, when one works they all work. This can even be seen on the same device after a device wipe with nothing else changing. Have tried the common options in the restrictions profiles which i have found in other older posts but still cant seem to sort out what is occurring that is different across enrolements.

2022-03-22 22:28:36+10 XXX-root installd[538]: PackageKit: Install rejected with error: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=100 "Authorisation is required to install the packages." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Authorisation is required to install the packages.}

Anyone run into this before?

Running different versions of 12.2 and 12.3

4 REPLIES 4

Bol
Valued Contributor

Are you an on premise install of Jamf, you may need to restart Tomcat if so;

https://community.jamf.com/t5/jamf-pro/issues-with-apple-business-manager-and-apple-school-manager/t...

merps
Contributor III

Ever since Big Sur, we've had to modify a setting in the Restrictions profile.

Restrictions -> Applications -> Require admin password to install or update apps (unchecked)

Edit: oops didn't mean to make this a comment reply, but it's probably fine here so I'll leave it.

Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 9.01.56 AM.png

thomash
New Contributor

hey merps, 

Yeah thats the first thing i checked. we dont have any of those options ticked atm. Some part of me believes that tick box is the issue i am just not sure if it is bugging out and not toggling the correct item in the config file or something, It has been really hit and miss, with it working then not. Even with no restrictions profile its the same behaviour. 

thomash
New Contributor

hey, 

yeah i read about that, but we are SaaS and i believe it has already been done.