Issues with Code Requirements in PPPC Profiles

NateD
New Contributor

Hello,

Wondering if anyone else has seen this before and looking for some guidance. I am experiencing an issue with Privacy Preference Policy Control (PPPC) Configuration Profiles in our Jamf Pro environment. Any time I create a new PPPC profile, paste in the code requirement, and hit save, I notice the pasted text only shows the 'identifier' component of what I pasted.

For example, here is what I paste-in for Microsoft Teams:

ffff.png

But after clicking save, I only see this:

NateD_0-1707857207295.png

Variations of this same issue apply to other PPPC profiles as well. Here is an example of what I paste-in with Pulse Secure VPN:

NateD_2-1707857413379.png

Versus what I see after clicking save:

NateD_1-1707857311241.png

I am curious if this is intended behavior and if anyone else experiences this in their environment. Another strange issue that is potentially related; if I make any change to the PPPC profile, (including modifying the Macs the profile is scoped to) the profile will fail to deploy until I manually re-paste the code requirement in its entirety. Once re-pasted, the profile scopes down to the machines without any issues.

This issue applies to PPPC profiles I create from scratch in Jamf, as well as from profiles generated with the PPPC Utility from GitHub. I have gotten this behavior in Edge on Windows as well as Safari on MacOS and feeling confident it is not an issue with my browser session or anything crazy like that.

Thanks for taking a look!

1 REPLY 1

Bol
Valued Contributor

Not intended behaviour, I just test this on-premise 11.1.3 and it did not occur so maybe check the known issues page.

One workaround I thought would be edit the config profile in a text editor and upload as opposed to using the built in editor, but as you said, you have uploaded via the profile utility and same behaviour..

I would reach out to Jamf.

As a last resort you could relax your code requirements for testing eg.

identifier "com.microsoft.teams" and anchor apple generic