Issues with Infoblox?

Not applicable

We are looking to start rolling out InfoBlox in our environment, however since the PC side is 60k strong, they never thought about the Mac side. I've only recently heard of InfoBlox and not really sure what it does, can you point me in the direction of What types of issues have you seen? Is there anything I can do to test out to ensure compatibility for the macs? Is there any questions I should be asking their engineers?

I guess I don't know what I don't know.

4 REPLIES 4

blindauer
New Contributor

Infoblox does a number of things, its a pretty cool package. Primarily, its used as a DNS, DHCP, IPAM system for networks. Its a network service, so it doesn't require deploying any software on the client side. However, if you use a static DNS setting you may need to point your machines to the new DNS server. It is also capable of doing dynamic DNS and you may need to change a setting or two on your Mac, depending on how your setup gets configured.

thomasC
Contributor

Infoblox sorted out DNS and DHCP issues in our dominantly Mac environment. Changing DNS server settings on systems with static IP was the only thing needed with our rollout.

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

We've got Infoblox here and it works pretty well. Macs haven't seen any impact since we went to them about 1.5 years ago.

Not applicable

We've had Infoblox for more than 5 years and found a lot of hardware/power failures after the 3rd year with the 1050 model, more than 40% of them within 2 years. We were told it was fan vendor related. Aside from that, it's a decent device.