Issues with Ricoh Printer / Copier on Casper

tld75000
New Contributor II

Hi Everyone

Just got Jamf installed last week, and currently in the process of setting it up before rolling it out to our users. Having a bit of an issue with one of our printers.

We have two printers that we want to roll out with Jamf. One of which (A Brother printer) is working as expected - Can be added from my computer via Casper admin, and rolled out via a policy and can be printed from a users machine.

The second printer is a Ricoh MP C2011 Printer / Copier. It works fine from my own machine, but when I try to add it via Casper Admin I can't get it to work. Whatever driver I use.

I have tried the Apple supplied Drivers and the ones downloaded from the Ricoh website, The printer installs on the end user machine as expected in the policy, but when I try to print it spews out pages and pages of random symbols.

Both of these drivers work fine on my own computer, but I can't get it to work for the life of me installing via Jamf.

I have also tried creating a snapshot DMG of the driver install, and rolling that out in the policy too. Still with the same problem.

Has anyone had this problem with Printers on Jamf before?

Any assistance would be appreciated!

0 REPLIES 0