issues with Skype 8.60 and system private key

guliciuk
New Contributor III

Hello

After the autoupdate to Skype 8.60, i have users getting an prompt to imput local admin credentials whenever they start Skype.
a81e9e34511f47728e909ddb43083f2e
After some investigation, i concluded that skype wants access to a private key in the SYSTEM keychain, and the problem goes away if you just add it manually.
49f626d9cc33459e93e1938522488452
9d4eab98986d485592fb1331663ecaf8

Does anyoane have any ideeas regardng how to solve this? I guess i will have a few hundred people having this problem and i have no clue how to solve it for everybody at once, and user by user is quite out of the question.

4 REPLIES 4

bainter
Contributor

Thank you for reporting this issue! This is the same problem many ran into with the Cisco AnyConnect Mobility Client. It took many versions and probably a lot of complaining to Cisco before they implemented a change to their console to add the option to stop traversing the System Keychain. Many have tried, lots of threads here in the forum, but it doesn't appear there's an easy-ish way to programmatically add the exception in Access Control.

mpeski
New Contributor III

The issue is fixed by Microsoft. If you download Skype now it won't give this issue. They only didn't change the version number.

guliciuk
New Contributor III

Indeed, they fixed it . Good thing, because i could not find a valid workaround for the whole fleet of managed equipment.

TomasHamal
New Contributor

We have now similar issue with version 8.80.0.141, and downgrade to 8.79.0.95 also did not seemed to help.
Do you think we need to wait for fix from microsoft again?