iTerm/iTerm2 Notifications Config Profile not working

Geissbuhler
Contributor

I have Created the Config profile for this in Jamf and it does not seem to be working.

Process starts with:

Checking for expected bundle ID:

/usr/bin/defaults read "/Applications/iTerm.app/Contents/Info.plist" CFBundleIdentifier

Results:

com.googlecode.iterm2

Create a Configuration Profile with the appropriate settings including the bundle ID and no love.
Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 10.31.31 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-14 at 10.35.19 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-14 at 10.33.22 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

scottb
Honored Contributor

OK, I built it again and it works.

scottb_0-1639512162960.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

scottb
Honored Contributor

Yeah, this one is odd.  I have the same profile on Jamf Cloud, sent to a Monty Mac 12.1 and It's kinda working.

If you change the type from Temporary to Persistent, it will change that type, but none of the options turn on.

I tested by changing the type in the Profile, deploying it again to my test Mac, and only the type changes - no switches are "on".  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

scottb
Honored Contributor

Odd, it's also locked out, so something is fishy here. @Geissbuhler 

scottb
Honored Contributor

OK, I built it again and it works.

scottb_0-1639512162960.png

Geissbuhler
Contributor

Wow So weird, I recreated it and it worked as well, odd we both saw the same behavior!

scottb
Honored Contributor

Totally odd!  But hey, it's working.  Sometimes an update does this, and I've seen it before with other things.  If I'm "sure" I did it right, I delete it and try again...  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Happy Holidays!