Ivanti Secure Access and config profile

alexkaloostian
New Contributor II

We are using Ivanti Secure Access for VPN on our iPhones, and we configure it with a config profile. I have noticed that if the config profile is pushed before the app has installed, the app wont see the settings, even after a restart. The settings config profile must be pushed AFTER the app.

But when deploying a new iPhone out of the box, all the "apps and profiles install in a big dump and you dont really have control over them. We even tried scoping the profile to a smart group "Ivanti app installed" but it still sometimes gets overeager... it sees the app before it has finished installing, and pushed the profile too soon.

How do we ensure the profile installs after the app? or are we solving the wrong problem and theres a way to make Ivanti see the profile regardless of when it was installed?

2 REPLIES 2

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

I would expect you to want the configuration profile on their first, but okay. Have you tried scoping the Configuration Profile to devices that have the application installed? That should hold the Configuration Profile back until after the app installs. 

As far as the behavior of the app, you would need to talk to Ivanti. 

alexkaloostian
New Contributor II

Yeah, as I said, We even tried scoping the profile to a smart group "Ivanti app installed" but it still sometimes gets overeager... Jamf sees the app before it has finished installing, and still pushes the profile too soon.