Jamf 300 exam

PiyushVerma
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I will be taking Jamf 300 training and certification in a couple of weeks and it would be really helpful if anyone could give some tips for that.

Technical Architect
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

jmandler
New Contributor III

Everything you'll need for the exam is in the resources. Definitely bookmark those and use them during the exam. Nothing you'll have to write is extremely complicated, so just keep it simple and make sure it does what it's supposed to. You'll have plenty of time for testing.

View solution in original post

bwoods
Valued Contributor

1. Know how to build/load a launch daemon and launch agent and the difference between them.

2. Know how to edit preferences with defaults write or plist buddy. (whichever is easier for you)

3. The hardest part is getting used to the API. Not sure if they'll teach you the classic or the new version now. 

download postman and get a basic understanding of of C.R.U.D. (create, read, update, delete) / (Post, Get, Put, Delete)

For more help there's more information in the #jamftraining channel on the MacAdimns Slack.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jmandler
New Contributor III

Everything you'll need for the exam is in the resources. Definitely bookmark those and use them during the exam. Nothing you'll have to write is extremely complicated, so just keep it simple and make sure it does what it's supposed to. You'll have plenty of time for testing.

bwoods
Valued Contributor

1. Know how to build/load a launch daemon and launch agent and the difference between them.

2. Know how to edit preferences with defaults write or plist buddy. (whichever is easier for you)

3. The hardest part is getting used to the API. Not sure if they'll teach you the classic or the new version now. 

download postman and get a basic understanding of of C.R.U.D. (create, read, update, delete) / (Post, Get, Put, Delete)

For more help there's more information in the #jamftraining channel on the MacAdimns Slack.

PiyushVerma
New Contributor III

Thanks bwoods... 

Technical Architect

Aman319
New Contributor

How did you find it? I've just passed my Jamf 200 and i'm taking the 300 in a few weeks, any advice you could give?