Jamf App Installers

SMR1
Contributor III

I'm testing out Zoom installer and will the new change, when it installs on the device, it's not showing under installed. Does anyone know. I was previously testing last week and when a device would complete, it would move it to installed. Is this a time issue?

3 REPLIES 3

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

It's not the fastest thing in the world. If you are using SS to deploy, SS will say the "policy" has finished (shows open instead of install) when the MDM commands are sent. However, that is just when the process of installing starts. It can still take another 5min-1hr for the application to actually be there.

I have all Jamf Mac App policies using automatic install, so people don't complain about the delay.

SMR1
Contributor III

We're not using SS, we're setting them to automatic and manual, so we can control the version going out to comply with our monthly updates. I deployed it to 9 devices and checked later and it was showing 7 and confirmed it did install on the 2 devices. I just checked this morning and the number is down. It's showing 3 pending, 1 installed. I'll just monitor it. I'd like to start using this so I don't have to download an upload packages.

red_beard
New Contributor III

It can also get confusing if a user deletes an app and then tries to reinstall it when you are using the Jamf App Catalog function. If the computer record hasn't been updated/inventoried the Jamf App Catalog won't know to allow a reinstall to happen.