Jamf Certified Associate Exam - Now Available Online

dustydorey
Contributor III

Hello Jamf Nation,
I’m happy to announce that the Jamf Certified Associate exam is now available online. This exam is based on the Jamf 100 Course.

Along with the launch of the exam we’ve implemented a new system for online content as well as a new user account system. We hope this tool will be able to grow for use with other tools in the future. For now if you’d like to sign up to take the Associate exam you will need to create a user account to associate with that system.

Direct Link to the exam: https://training.jamf.com

Quick FAQs

*The exam can be taken online anywhere (no need to locate and go to a proctor center)

*The exam is available in English, Français (French), Deutsche (German) and 日本語 (Japanese).

*Customers have one (1) opportunity to take the certification exam per enrollment.

*The certification exam includes 60 multiple choice questions.

*There is a time limit of 60 minutes which cannot be paused and resumed once started.

*Certification is awarded by achieving a score of greater than 75% or 45/60 points.

*Customers have seven (7) days to begin the exam after enrollment.

If you have any other quick question feel free to post them here and we’ll keep an eye out for them.

Should you run into any trouble with the exam please let us know at: training.help@jamf.com

18 REPLIES 18

mtrimm
New Contributor

Will this be a pre-req for the 200 cert, or will it remain optional?

myronjoffe
Contributor III

@dustydorey We have a training pass does it work with that?

dmaestre
Release Candidate Programs Tester

It's always been so difficult to get time off work to get all this done. This is awesome. Thank you.

CGundersen
Contributor III

Cool. Now somebody get that iMac in the stock photo a power cord (unless that's part of the exam).

dustydorey
Contributor III

@mtrimm We consider completion of the Jamf 100 course to be highly recommended prior to taking the Jamf 200. The Jamf 200 Course content is designed assuming the student has obtained the knowledge and information held within the Jamf 100 and we have seen a strong correlation to success of customers who have completed that material. At this time we are not implementing a firm requirement for having passed the Jamf Certified Associate ahead of taking the Jamf 200 but we feel it is in the students best interests.

@myronjoffe The Training Pass was designed and intended for enrollment into Instructor Led Training.

@dmaestre Thanks! We hope this helps more members of Jamf Nation validate their knowledge!

@CGundersen Good eye! We'll make sure to give the photographers a little bit of grief for that one.

myronjoffe
Contributor III

@dustydorey Sounds like you are saying the training pass is not included for the 100? We outsource some of our L1/L2 support to countries outside of the training pass regions so having an online course to verify the basic skill set of the 100 course would be great! Now we have to go back to management and ask for additional funding outside of the training pass we have is a joke. I am incredibly disappointed that the training pass does not include the online training test for the 100.

dustydorey
Contributor III

Hi @myronjoffe I'm sorry to hear you are frustrated with this. However I would encourage you to review the Terms and Conditions for the Organization Training Pass as I feel that the situation you are describing would not work for outsourced resources and you would not want to use the pass for a unique user to do this exam when there is a limitation on unique users.

The below is an excerpt from the Terms and Conditions for the Organizational Training Pass

Organizational Training Pass: Limited to a single organization and cannot be shared across multiple organizations. Registered to five (5) employees within your organization. The Pass may be used by one individual at a time. Meaning, one seat can be reserved in any one available course during a week’s time. Allows Customer to enroll into a training course and/or certification exam retest.

I would encourage reserving use of your Organizational Training Pass for your primary administrators and leverage the Jamf 100 for your outsourced resources so you can get the most for your money.

myronjoffe
Contributor III

I used the word outsourced loosely. They are still part of the same org...

Andreas_Schenk
Contributor
Contributor

Does passing the exam grant you a jamfnation badge?

conitsupport
Contributor

Will their or is their separate exams just for Mobile devices? we dont use Macs here apart from 1500 iPads, would like to get qualified but dont have any experience of JAMF and Macs

will_wiggins
New Contributor

@Andreas_Schenk - yes it does grant you a jamfnation badge, see my profile :)

gabegerardo
New Contributor

For Jamf 100, is there any text or PDF for reference, is the YouTube videos the only training material provided at this time?

niteboater
New Contributor II

I dont happen to have a current employer. I have however been supporting Macs in JAMF heavy enviroments for over 10 years, and directly admin'g Macs via JAMF without certification. In a quest to take the 100 exam - I was just told by JAMF Support that I have zero chance of because I have no employer who could do the employer login on my behalf. If anyone could please update here with the latest - very much appreciated. Why do I need an employer to get a JAMF certification - I have the money!

dustydorey
Contributor III

Hello @gabegerardo & @niteboater,
As mentioned at the top of the post here the Jamf 100 Course content is freely available to everyone and can be found here: https://www.jamf.com/training/100/

As for who can access it and who cannot, the Jamf 100 and Jamf Certified Associate Exam is available to all and not limited to customers.

The confusion may be around a benefit that Jamf Subscription customers have which is access to a robust online training catalog that is separate from the Jamf 100 and Associate exam.

Regards,
Dusty

niteboater
New Contributor II

apparently there was an issue the day I tried to take the training with a URL handoff to your skills jar vendor. Have since completed the 100 course exam, now for the 200!

redstaropal
New Contributor

Does anyone know how long it takes on average to get through the training material in the 100 course? I want to make sure I set the correct expectations to the team members I am going to require to take this training and exam. Thanks.

ethompson
New Contributor

Does anyone know how to upload the certificate to Jamf nation so that it shows on our profile?

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

@ethompson The actual cert or the badge? The badge should be added automatically to the Jamf ID you used to take the class. Mine appeared after a few days i.e. it wasn't immediate.